How to use the power of self-inquiry to finally find out who the f*ck you are
This episode is all about the incredible power of self-inquiry and how to practice it to combat the chronic feelings of emptiness and identity issues so common in those who identify with BPD (EUPD) and symptoms of complex post traumatic stress disorder (cPTSD). It is a terrifying feeling to not know who you are - this episode will help you take the first steps in overcoming this struggle.
Below is a summary of topics covered in this episode:
■ How to uncover your “blind spots” (ways we think and act that sabotage us and prevent us from connecting deeply to ourselves and others)
■ What is self-inquiry? (And how it’s used in Radically Open Dialectical Behavior therapy, also known as RO DBT)
■ Understanding how to find your “edge” in the window of tolerance
■ Central principals involved in self-inquiry
■ Learning how to “out ourselves” (sharing the personal insights or understandings developed from our self-enquiry with others)
■ How self-inquiry is deeply connected to spirituality
■ What the imagery and symbolism in the tarot card “The Hermit” can teach us about self-inquiry
■ Journaling prompts to get you started on your path to self-inquiry
SELF-INQUIRY JOURNALING PROMPTS
(Part one) Assessments
1) What do you like about yourself? [List all of your positive attributes]
2) What is good in your life? [List everything you have going for you]
3) List your accomplishments. [Include any obstacle you have overcome and any victory you’ve achieved]
4) Make a list of the most important experiences you’ve had, the peak experiences that have had a pivotal effect on your life.
(Part two) Goals
1) List all the things you’d like to change about yourself.
2) List the things you’d like to accomplish in the future.
3) List the most important goals of your life, the things you would like to do, have, and be.
The journaling prompts and excerpts about the Hermit card are from “Following Your Inner Path” by Alexandra Collins Dickerman
Disclaimer: information contained in this podcast episode is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for treatment or consultation with a licensed mental health professional.
❤️Are you ready to take your recovery to master-class level and join the BFTB inner circle?
🔐Premium subscribers unlock my private podcast feed and gain instant access to full episodes and hours of exclusive bonus content with additional resources. Click the link at the bottom to learn more. ↓
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
Join the BFTB inner circle and unlock my premium content at https://plus.acast.com/s/back-from-the-borderline.